Ads

Monday, October 26, 2009

Facebook Drama

What is UP with people pissing me off on Facebook today? It's a social networking site that helps you reconnect with friends. I don't need secondary school drama erupting on the pages though. So completely juvenile.

Number 1, someone leaving me a message asking me why I hadn't accepted her friend request and whether I've forgotten her. Well, no, I remember you very well...as the person who never spoke to me in school ever before, and I recognise you as one of the throngs of faces in the cafeteria during school breaks. Is that reason enough to term you as a friend I'd never 'forget'? Heck, I can bet that even virtual friends I've never met in person before would be able to know me much better than you - enough to be called a friend, at least. What is up with people like that sending me accusatory toned messages and trying emotional blackmail on me by telling me how upset she is that I didn't accept her friend request. In the first place, I don't like people I've never spoken to or don't even know, sending friend requests without leaving a proper message of introduction. It's like, so you sent me a request and I'm obligated to accept it and suddenly you're part of my circle of friends? It doesn't work that way. And grow up, emotional blackmail doesn't work online. Don't you have a real life with real friends out of the virtual realm? Seriously seriously.

Number 2, click and read-


The last line is a frail attempt at making amends. It's kind of like droning on about how everyone's stupid and brainless and utter lowlifes and then shouting "PEACE!"

Is this how our future generations of lawyers are going to be like? Or IS this the mindset all lawyers actually have? Dissing the same clients who are paying them to represent them in cases. How utterly obnoxious. Fairtytale idealism? Who is he to spout such nonsense when he's barely a JC graduate with no real world experience? He sounds like the naive fool in this situation, thinking life is a bed of roses the moment you get a niche degree like Law from Australia no less! Not that I'm looking down on taking Law in Australia but face it, you'd be much more impressive if you were heading for Harvard or in the UK (especially UK, where the cases would be most relevant - Common Law). Of course, if you're Australian and you're taking a degree in law from Australia, that would be completely justified. Back to the naivety of this fool, he makes it sound like everything would fall perfectly into place and he'd earn himself a superior rank way above the 'common people' and the 'needy' upon graduation. Sad to say, honey, you'll be fighting with throngs of other graduates to get to that place. We'll see. No, we won't see, because this is the last I'm even wasting brain space for a twat like that.

Rant over.

No comments: