Ads

Monday, June 29, 2009

Why I don't want to be famous


f/9, 1/320s

My reasons are out there at the moment, obvious for the world to see. The moment you have a true bite of fame, you'll never be out of sight even if you want to, even if you've died. Privacy doesn't exist in a famous man/woman's dictionary. Well, it does. But it doesn't in the paparazzi who's chasing after you. You live with no privacy, you die with no privacy. Posthumously, you still have no privacy as secrets (true or not) are digged up from the past - by people who finally dare to speak up without your existence to stop them.

Being famous is such a scary thing. Even if I stop making money out of my own fame, others will ironically be making money off me. When I'm in debt and need money, the money is rolling into someone else's pockets, not mine.

Like people usually said, when the high gets really high, you should only expect the low to be really low as well. For someone to be ridiculously famous, his downfall is only just as big.

Candice told me the media always milks it for all it's worth - and from what I see - even more than what it's worth. But people lap it all up anyway. Money isn't the root of all evil, it's the underlying greed of people that is the root of all evil.

It's not just people who are "celebrating" Michael Jackson's life that is making money off him. It's people who "hate" his every existence that is making money off him, writing books, or even writing hate articles about him. The traffic to their sites, the money earned from curious minds. It's a hell lot of money to be made while emotions are high. So, why the hell not?

And this is a dead man we're talking about. So he can't fight back. Throw some ridiculous statement about how he used to bed me when I was 13 and I'd get a high price for exclusive interviews. It's not like anyone's going to rightfully "sue" me for 'tarnishing my reputation'. His records are still selling - faster, I may add. His management's just milking it off, (hopefully paying his debt off posthumously). Bad publicity or good publicity is all great publicity to them now.

My personal stand though? Enough is enough. The man's dead. To be honest, even if he was a paedophile or a confused man, or whatever is used to describe him (Only he knows what he's truly done), it doesn't affect my views from this point onwards because a dead man cannot do anything more. All his great deeds were overshadowed by his big 'obsession'. If I had a kid who was molested, all I'd ever want is for the man to have a terrible life and for him to die. And he did have a terrible hated life and he did die. So isn't that the end of the story?

Not for a famous man.

No comments: