Ads

Friday, June 26, 2009

The King of Pop has died



The child star of Jackson 5 and famous as... the man himself, Michael Jackson, who needs no introduction.

I grew up listening to his music, man. I'm pretty sure many people did. He was the Elvis Presley of our time or maybe more - definitely more. Seeing he managed to release far more albums during his time and he became an international household name - from New Zealand to Singapore, to Korea, to Turkey, Morocco, Europe, and the USA. Heck he even visited the non restricted partsof Saudi Arabia! His were probably the earliest albums I'd ever owned - well, shared with my elder brother. Cassettes bought for us as gifts by Dad, his live shows were taped. We owned all his albums...even up till his latest one. Though his "oldies" were probably the best. My dad and elder brother caught front row seats to catch him while he was in Singapore when I was a teeny kid. I remember bawling over not being able to attend because I was "too young".

He led one of the most controversial lifestyles ever but he was definitely unique in his showmanship and music. And probably the only celebrity I'd ever really feel screwed up about, upon hearing confirmations of his death. What a timing as well - he was to embark on his 50-day European tour in 1 and half weeks or thereabouts.

It's honestly, quite upsetting. Farrah Fawcett (someone I don't really know but was big in the previous generation) passed away this morning. MJ's death completely overshadowed hers though but death is always sad. Celebrities just get more attention so... RIP.

[4am L.A. Time]

No comments: