Ads

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Clearing


Do you love me?
Yes.
Then I have everything I need.

That was the only bit I caught from the movie as I switched on the television set. And that was enough to make me feel sappy. And I searched about it online and discovered it was loosely based on Gerrit Jan Heijn. Which sounded like a pretty sad story to begin with. But I didn't read too much into it so... I don't really know what that old case really revolved around.

The movie though included an extra marital affair to it which kind of made the situation suckier. I mean, imagine the day your husband or wife got kidnapped, you found out he/she continued to cheat on you. That must suck knowing your partner is going to be less keen to pay for the ransom for your release. What's even suckier is when you're dead before she could even pay the ransom so the last living thought you had was regret. Sheer regret. Now, that has to suck bad.

No comments: