Ads

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Parma



As you already know, my brother was sent to Manila, Philippines for work on Tuesday morning and won't be back till this coming Sunday. Ever since then, my parents have been much more attentive to news regarding the two Typhoons hitting Asia. (Link) Typhoon Parma and Typhoon Melor which hit Japan (Link). Typhoon Parma which was set to change its course and return to Philippines due to Melor pushing it away, seems to have dissipated slowly. That merely results in more heavy rains that is ongoing there, and strong winds. My brother dropped me a text last night telling me it gets pretty tiring having to walk against the strong winds and dealing with the rain. And the waters from the floods the previous week hasn't even fully cleared out yet.

It's been quite a cataclysmic few weeks for Asia, serving as regular reminders of how unpredictable life can be. It's as easy to gain it as to lose it. I can't wait to see my brother again on Sunday.

No comments: