Ads

Friday, October 23, 2009

BNP - Nick Griffin



Link: http://bit.ly/q9IIx

There's just something ridiculously creepy about Nick Griffin. I've been hearing him pop up in the news ever since the whole media frenzy months ago while I was in Ireland about the British National Party (BNP) gaining power and momentum in the country - which people have blamed on other Party supporters not voting. (So...maybe it's a good thing sometimes to make voting compulsory? -shrugs. Different dynamics in every country, I wouldn't be able to judge.)

Either ways, I'm not a huge mad fan about talking about world politics - I'm certainly not the sort of person you'd want to hold long conversations with regarding things like that, because I dislike the whole struggle to get your points across without the other party looking like they might kill you. I'd rather, just, listen, nod, and agree or agree to disagree. Makes things that much simpler.

But BNP's something different. Being so far away, they've captured the attention of people in this region with media stations stirring up a little curiosity about BNP and its true mission (Extermination of the 'less superior' races, perhaps?). With members who enjoy a joke or two about the eerie Ku Klux Klan, some even suspected of supporting Adolf Hitler's regime. Nick Griffin tries to excuse his party's anti-immigrant ideas by saying they're the "Aborigines" of England. I don't see the connection to the Aborigines in Australia, or the 'Aborigines' of America. Isn't it your people after all who invaded the said lands mercilessly for your own selfish interests at the beginning of time? In comparison to that, have the 'invaders of England' ever gained that much power to treat the 'Aborigines of England' as cruelly as the English have done everywhere else they've conquered? I didn't think so. And you think you've substantiated your racist stance by comparing yourselves to the Aborigines of Australia.

I've been to the different parts of the UK, and been to the big major countries surrounding the country but never Britain itself. It's not that I don't want to - there was just never the occasion for it. Maybe I should head there before the BNP gains even more momentum. Or maybe I might miss my chance by the time I decide to go. I cannot see myself surviving immigration, suffocated by the questions. And if BNP gains even more power, I can't see myself in a country that refuses to vote / voted for a party like the BNP to begin with. Because no economic reasons can be reason enough to be racist.

As it is, it's quite a pain in the butt to be travelling anywhere in the EU, except Scotland. Yes, Scotland's been the only place that welcomed me with open arms, with security guards smiling cheerfully and asking me to enjoy my stay. I have yet to meet any country that comes close. No, not even Germany who apparently have 'great economic links with Singapore'. What more if a racist party were to be in control? AND the Lisbon Treaty trying to unite all EU under one "ideal leader". I fear Europe might start being a living hell for any supposed "minorities". The world is coming to an end!! But I digress too much.

Back to the whole BNP story, Nick Griffin appeared on Question Time where other political party representatives and himself were posted questions from the audience. (http://bit.ly/q9IIx) And I sort of smirked a little reading the article -

It would be, in the end, an Asian audience member who came closest to finding the target when asking about repatriation.

"Where do you want me to go?" he asked Griffin, before turning the tables on him. "You would be surprised how many people would have a whip-round to buy you a ticket and your supporters … to go to the south pole. That's a colourless landscape, it would suit you fine."

No comments: