Ads

Friday, September 18, 2009

One question

Are people simply nicer in person than on the Internet?

Is the birth of the Internet also causing people to get too far ahead of themselves and give them the ability to speak(type) before thinking? - Maybe if I wrote something wrong, I'd be able to backspace or click on the delete button.

Is it the fact that people tend to put in more effort to mask their subjective opinions to themselves in person, easier to shout and scream behind the virtual walls of the computer. (Not having to "face the music" to the literal sense)

Or is it the simplicity of plain text that disallows any emotion to come through - All words that seem cold and harsh online, are almost always so easily looked over when talking in person.

I guess that's where I draw the line on the Internet. I love the idea of connecting everyone in one space, love the short little updates I get from friends far away, but when push comes to shove, I still insist on physical gatherings - Yes, not even mass conversations online.

It's the human in us, reaching out through all these high-tech buzz, for another human companion.

No comments: