Ads

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Eid Mubarak!

Listening to the takbir never fails to make me feel mellow, be it the takbir on radio or my dad after prayers. It's so melodic like hearing the Azan in the wee hours of the morning. It sounds different yet technically the same, in every country.

It's time for joy and at the same time, a time to remember the ones who are no longer in our lives. As my dad's voice started shaking and breaking, I knew he was thinking of my late grandma who's so lovingly missed.

Well, Salam Eid to all Muslim brothers and sisters out there, regardless of nationality or race. And Salam Eid to you too, Riyan, a new Muslim brother. It's your first Eid'ul Fitr this year. :)

Also, Happy Holidays for those who're living in countries that are having public holidays due to this occasion. Haha.

Maaf zahir & batin.

-

I just realised today also marks the start of a Hindu Festival - Link
So, Happy Navratri (Nine Nights) to all my Hindu friends! :)

No comments: