Ads

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hello



In about an hour, Ron will be here!

Look at his room - I like it better than mine.

I've been so excited about his arrival, and about Germany as well. In fact, I'm so excited, I'm scared I'd be disappointed if what I'll be presented with isn't on par with the hype I've been creating for myself. Okay, actually it's tough ever being disappointed in a totally new place. It takes a huge asshole to ruin that for me. Bless me I won't meet any assholes. Mm yeh.

I think I'm down with the flu though. Very bad throat. It's not very fun when I have something exciting to look forward to. I hope I get better soon. Which reminds me that I need to fit 'going to the pharmacy' into one of the itineraries for this week.

-
Anyway, yesterday was a great deal of fun. We met up with Uncle John's sisters. One who's here from Canada for her 50th birthday. They were a great friendly bunch. Like Uncle John was joking, "You have to meet my sisters, Nura. They're really nice people. Nicer than us."

I've never felt like I could talk so much and be on such friendly terms with anyone here before until yesterday. Riyan seemed extremely pleased as well, seeing his best friend-cum-cousin was there that night. The whole night was spent with them retelling the stories of mischief they got up to when they were kids up to their adolescence. Both got busy - Riyan started work, Derrick enlisted in the army, and poof, they grew distant. It was nice though seeing both of them laughing throughout the night. Warm, fuzzy feeling. I know if Riyan ever reads this, he'd be going "Please don't make it sound so girly." But I can't help it. Haha.

I finally met Terry and John as well, after the clash of schedules the previous 2 visits and never getting to meet up. They were the first few people I got to talk to online after Riyan, yet they were the last I got to meet. It wasn't a very happy occasion for them to be around for though. Terry's mum passed away and everyone happened to be around for the funeral, at the same time as the reunion was held. He didn't show much emotion yesterday night though. According to the rest, he's never the sort who's ever public with his emotions. Whatever it is, I'm only wishing the best for Terry.

No comments: