Ads

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer



The immigration official I got this time was surprisingly pleasant. He reminded me of Father Ted. Lol. He offered to put me on the system if I already wasn't, so it'd be easier for future travel but I think we misunderstood his offer and declined. Big ugh on Riyan's and my part. Hopefully when I return from Germany, the offer still stands... Right.

It's tough getting used to things here, to be honest. Having my cycle begin on the first day I reached Europe, is not helping at all. I'm possibly much more emotional than I would be if I wasn't. It's great meeting the kids again - Little Alex now talks. The new dog, Buddy, is a nicer breed (bigger, less angsty) than the old one, albeit much more hyperactive. He was literally jumping all over us, licking my boots and happily greeting us at the door. I love him already. Though Riyan's dad called him another irish terrorist because he destroyed all the pots of flowers in the backyard - his persian flowers.

Anyway, the past 2 weeks had been wonderful. It was great really getting to know his parents better. They remind me so much of my own - the hilarious banter between father and mother.

The send off was quite rushed though. I thought I had an awful lot more time, I guess I was wrong. Kadri was actually rushing down to send me off and he called Jai to pass the phone to me so I got to talk to him just before I got in. We didn't get to meet in the end. I also managed to talk to Navin in a rush through Sanjay's phone. In case you were wondering what I was muttering to Riyan just before we passed the gates in tears, it was "I don't want to go in", which was, really, the words I usually say when I'm at a different gate - the gate from Dublin. It's probably going to happen again. Leaving is never easy. I guess it's just going to be quite an adventure being away from home this long. Actually living and cooking for myself for 3 months. We'll see.

The summer here looks great though. It's actually warm enough to go out in my dress with sandals, without a jacket. Imagine that. It's one of the best summers they've seen. I'm not complaining. 27 degrees is way comfortable temperature for me. That's the warmest though, it might get cooler. I'm not putting my hopes too high at the moment but it's beautiful. Summer is beautiful. But all the girls seem to go on a madrush to wear nothing. Like bikini and mini skirts sort of nothing. "Oh my lord, it's actually warm here! Knock yourself out, ladies!" Haha good summers must mean great times for pervy boys ;)

So yeah, the moment I touched down to Ireland, I received all the sweetest texts which made me smile. The flight back was really memorable. It started with me being separated from Riyan, and then having to request a not-so-pleasant to switch seats with me. He decided to switch in the end because the kids next to me were too noisy for him. :) I slept most of the way though. It was a 12 hour flight, I watched Watchmen and then slept and ate and realised I only had 2 hours left. So technically I slept for about 6 hours or less, which is long enough on a plane. But sadly I couldn't go crazy watching all the other movies I'd planned to watch.

Riyan's mum lost her big case though. Hopefully she's gotten it back by now. I received a really sweet text from Sanjay when I got through Ireland. "Nura, miss you already lah. Take the next flight home can?" I miss our silly banter and 'quarrels' but, no. He's going into NS in a few days anyway, no way am I going to get tricked coming back only to be sending him off to Tekong. Not that I was even considering it. I just reached Ireland!

I'm going to take things slow this time. Hopefully my terrible cramps will be over soon. Oh - one thing I'm going to have to get used to - The sun sets at 10-11pm and rises at 5am. Which explains why I'm feeling restless at 6.30am.

No comments: