Ads

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fermat's Room



I watched La habitación de Fermat (Fermat's Room) yesterday at the IFI and it was definitely a very engrossing film. I often found myself getting too comfortable in the seat, as though it was home, stretching my legs out and so on, and quickly trying to gain composure - Nobody seemed to notice though, probably just as engrossed in the film as I was ;)

Something like the movie "Cube", but with a more wholesome, logical ending.

-
I've grown to realise that it's not things here that affect (well, maybe a little). For the most part, it's events at home that trigger all these emotions. I worry about home, little snippets I get from home have the ability to make me smile or make me frown.

And it's amazing to see people start meeting up again, how everyone's planning the biggest of plans - all only after I've left, when I used to face so much difficulty trying to meet everyone. It makes me smile knowing everyone's coping well, at the same time, a tinge of... what do you call that? Sadness? Helplessness? It's like a silent voice that's constantly hush-ed up.

On a random note, it'd be nice to see Hanna again. & I can't wait for Ron to come down. A familiar face could make a great deal of difference. :)

No comments: