Ads

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sleepless days

I've been living on less than 5 hours of sleep almost every day, as of late. For some queer reason, I seem to only feel sleepy after 5 am and even then, I'd automatically wake up by 10 am at the latest. Yesterday night was the worst. I stayed up to settle some stuff and perhaps, I went a tad overboard with my appreciation of the silent night by not sleeping at all. What started as a little try out at Skype with a friend, evolved into some deep conversations and unraveling of 'secrets' from the past.

It seems like the more I do know, the less I want to. We humans are so predictably ridiculous. So clichéd.

The conversations then gradually mellowed, and my friend suggested we went out for a jog. I haven't had the chance to in a few weeks - using work as a convenient excuse and substitute for 'exercise'. So, why the hell not?

My flu was not done, my stamina was fucked. I felt GREAT. I'm thankful I'm still alive. I had fun though. The whole night and morning was spent (wasted away) in good company. I'm not even sleeping yet. I need to go check out several places for some springform pan adventure. (I just made some calls. Most of them are out of stock. Unfreakinbelievable.) Dear God, seriously, you could have done anything but this.

No comments: