Ads

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Aran Islands

I have been shredded to pieces, to have every piece inspected and changed completely, leaving almost no trace of the old me behind. 2010 has been a year of real changes for me. If the me from 2009 were placed in front of me now, she wouldn't be able to recognise this self.

Then I look at the picture above - the only source of decoration on this mundane blog - and during little unexpected moments like this one, snippets of the old me return in short but strong flashes of memories stored far away in the back of my mind.

I loved that place, very much. I remember being there and thinking to myself, I've never seen a place on Earth so beautiful. I remember imagining a windy marriage procession on that little cliff overlooking the bluest sea and more sea, and nothing beyond. Most importantly, I remember being happy and content, and thinking it'll never pass.

But it did. And I'm broken.

No comments: