Ads

Monday, November 16, 2009

little thing in the sky



This space has been quite empty. Anyway, I sort of changed the layout of my blog to the new. So now, the addthis button works better for every single post. And some little other changes. I still liked a simplistic white only background so I'm glad that stayed. I can't seem to find a way to move my comments back to Haloscan though so all my old comments are stored on the Haloscan site but can't be viewed here. Le sigh~

Anyway, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was spent with Shera and Sharil, with Ron joining us on Saturday. Very cheap lazy meet-ups. No money spent on food since we ate home cooked food for most of the time, lounging around in Sharil's or Shera's apartments, watching dvds, or just talking. And yesterday was spent with me trying to do up Shera's CV and just talking. Who would have known years ago when we first met, that we would be this close many years on. Having known one another through a faceless virtual world in a forum, to our first meet up, and subsequent special little meets four times a year, to our very regular meets. And them being 4 years older than me, their experiences seem to prepare me for what's out there. Perhaps the reason I've always been so rooted to my beliefs and careful about my own future, can be accredited to them.

Anyway, yesterday night, was one of those unexplainable nights where I just felt defenseless and weak, and succumbed to my tears. It's the first time I came close to crying since I got back from Ireland. It hit me that my future is so vague and it might be a few long years before I get to end this long distance for good. And I just felt tired, last night. Tired of waiting for the days, hours, seconds to pass us by before I can say "This is it!" - This is the moment we've both been waiting for. Gra Anois Agus Go Deo.

I realise that life is more about time than money. Money can be earned, but time passes us by. You can buy money with time, you can't buy time with money. Once I start working, if I do start at all, I'd have no time to head back to Ireland to visit the friends and new found family I've grown so attached to. Not in another 2 or so years, at least. And that made me cry. A long distance relationship is difficult enough. Add to that, the long distance friendships and families. I guess I'll always have people to miss, wherever I am.

Still selling ASUS netbook. So do spread the word: http://www.phing.com/listing/263421-BNIB-ASUS-Eee-PC-900-SD

1 comment:

Candice said...

*pats head.

you're gonna be fine girl, you're gonna be fine.