Ads

Monday, October 5, 2009

Progress? Maybe.

Regarding earlier post here: Link

The boss finally called me up to explain the situation, which turned out to be the way I predicted it to be - My folder was misplaced. Apparently he said it "grew so popular, it was passed around and now we can't seem to locate it in the office." I told him I gave them my portfolio in full trust, seeing it was a well established organisation, and I had no reason to doubt them. He was very nice to me about it and sounded very apologetic over the phone and I told him that he sounded like a nice person but the fact remains that my portfolio was gone in their hands. And that, taking 3-4 weeks to get back to me was not a nice way of handling it. I told him I understood their situation with various events coming up that will keep them thoroughly busy, but I remain an outsider and I gain nothing from this. I'm not paid by the company for my stress, they are. They had no right to make my life difficult. I told him that he had to make sure retracing my folder becomes a priority because from the way they kept me waiting, I really didn't feel as though they bothered. He told me he'll try his best.

He further explained to me that the change in management caused them to change their minds in recruiting new employees, and told me maybe they'll start hiring again at the end of the year or in the earlier quarter of next year. In my mind, I was thinking, as long as my portfolio isn't found, I'll never consider working with them again. Because "little" things like this, tells a lot about a company. I may be a little desperate, but I am not that desperate for a job.

I've lost hope on getting back my magazine but it'd still be nice if I were proven wrong once in awhile.

No comments: