Ads

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

VMA 2009

is every tabloid's wish come true. Attention-seeking celebrities out in their full glory. Kanye West disrespecting Taylor Swift, literally snatching the microphone away from her when she was about to make her acceptance speech, and going "I'll let you finish but first, Beyonce has one of the best videos of all time, of all time." He later blogs a long apology claiming he's really sorry but he was just being "real". Pathetic excuse for being mean, I'd say. If that ever becomes an acceptable excuse in future situations, I'd go around humiliating people I dislike at their acceptance speeches and just smirk and go "I'm just being real, y'all."

[edit: found a news video on it]


I don't see the hype about Beyonce's music video "Single Ladies" in the first place. What's so difficult for a trained dancer to dance in a white room, with a white background. Seriously. I guess being a neutral party (not a true fan of any of them) makes it easier to see which music video deserved the award the most.


Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Then, comes Lady Gaga. You either love her or hate her. I personally am not a huge fan of her. A very good friend of mine loves her so much, he's going to have a pokerface themed party for Halloween, just because.

Love her or hate her though, that's not going to be the main point of this post. I could go on about why I'm not a fan but no, this post is supposed to be all about the VMA frenzy. Apparently her six changes of outfits were as controversial and sensational as the lady herself. You can choose to love or hate them. I don't think she personally cares as long as people continue writing about her. (Yup, that includes me)

Some of the more (Pick: Outrageously Hideous/Super Cool)
outfits she donned during VMA 09


No, I don't hate her, and I definitely am not one of those people who are so affected by her that they never want to see her again. I just, don't think she's "the best", or "talented", or "original". She's just a typical paparazzi-hording celebrity after all. She's interesting to watch, as long as her antics don't start growing old on people. So I don't hate her. Just, dislike. It makes a whole lot of difference! And I just... want people to stop forcing me to be a fan of hers. Fanship has no compulsion! Enough, I say!

Viacom conveniently removed all videos regarding VMA on youtube so if you've missed all the videos. You'll probably either have to search harder, or refer to the written reports and imagine the scenarios, or wait till Viacom starts chilling out and allows the clips to be shown again. Hmm yeh.

No comments: