Ads

Saturday, September 12, 2009

This week

IS GONNA BE A GOOD WEEK. At least, I'm expecting it to be. I've been busy to the max this week, for the first time since I got back. (aside from night time which is spent doing silly things like having a soliloquy on here when I'm supposed to be asleep!)

There're just so much happening. I'm ready to embrace the world again. Hm.. Okay sounds a little off but yeah. I'm meeting most of my friends I've not met yet plus one of my best friends is having her 21st birthday party this weekend. Dad's returning to Singapore from South Korea this Saturday. And I think we're still heading to Geylang for the annual month-long Ramadhan Bazaar! Now that's one thing Singaporeans, Malaysians, and Indonesians (or any Southeast Asians, really!) absolutely love about Ramadhan - the bazaar! All the clothes, shoes and most importantly, the cheap sinful absolutely gorgeous food!

It's sort of the same things every year and adults do seem to act like they get sick of it over the years but it's difficult for me to get sick of the food. If you were to give me one month of pasar malam (night market) food, the only change you'll see in me are the added fats, but the maniacal smile on my face will never fade away.. So keep me away from too much pasar malam food! The occasional insomnia PLUS unhealthy food will not do good for my fragile heart.

If there's one thing, I only feel terribly sorry for R for being so far away every time all these festivals and events are happening in this part of the world. He's always missing out. And I'm not exactly putting any effort to make him feel better by reminding him about it. :D Well, Aer Lingus is having really cheap deals and I'm missing out too.. And err, he's going for Kevin Smith's show in Ireland and I'm not! Something like that.

So it's pretty fair. Hm, who am I kidding? It's still absolute gastronomic win on Singapore's side. Sigh, we send you our long distance love and regards. You'll be here soon.

No comments: