Ads

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

F1 Grand Prix: Renault



So everyone following the Formula 1 races, or are living in Singapore would know that the first ever Night Race was held in Singapore last year. Generally, it was a big success and unique in more ways than one. I remembered when Nelsinho Piquet Jr crashed into the gates right before my eyes - I was at the Marina Grandstand. I also remembered afterwards, how some critics were quick to scoff and say "Singapore's incapable of holding a safe race" etc etc etc. While the rest were in awe, there'll always be that group which are quick to put an Asian city down. They couldn't find anything aside from that "crash" to complain about. They went on about how beautiful the view was, how cool the night race was but "at the end of it, Singapore just can't handle big events like these."

Who'd have known that a year later, even that little reason they could find to put us down, was proved to be a negligible point of defense for their arguments - that it was, in fact, a trick smartly planned out by Renault's team. - (Link)

I've lost respect for the team though. Especially after the sacking of Nelsinho. He was a young rising driver, eager to follow in his father's footsteps. I guess his career had to end a little earlier, and on such a bad note, no thanks to the team. All these, while partner Fernando Alonso gets to feign innocence (my subjective evaluation of the case, and in no way representing the 'objective truth') and continue on with his career. I can't believe that I kind of, rooted for him too. -gags at the side

Felipe Massa's gone from the rest of the Grand Prix as I managed to see while I was on cable in Ireland (Link). I'm not going to even bother with the rest of the Ferrari team after their shadiness last year, and of course, Renault. I guess I'll just be rooting for the best man or the most exciting honest team this year. Whichever that's going to be.


2008's poster

No comments: