Ads

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Down on Luck

Today feels like the worst day of my life. I got myself an interview with a possible employer tomorrow (very tough to come by). And what? My portfolio which was withheld by the previous interviewer from 3 weeks ago is still not with me. Apparently it's not even in the office it was last seen at with my own two eyes. I only hope they didn't lose it altogether and that it really is, in the hands of someone in the other office. I'm trying to reprint some of the most important work pieces and my printer ran out of ink.

I regretted trusting that company. Then again, if you guys know what company this is, you would understand why I had no initial qualms trusting them. Seriously fucked up. I mean in the first place, if you wanted to look through my work, go ahead but please return it to me asap if you're not thinking of even hiring me. Why are you holding on to my work so long anyway? Fine, you're a busy organization but that remains as my work. It is MY right to get them back. And I -need- to get moving with my own life and by that, I want my work back to show other possible employers. Who do they think they are? Holding me up like that and taking it so lightly merely "assuming" my portfolio is with someone else. If they dare lose my work, that's 3 years worth of precious work I gathered and printed gone just like that. I can't possibly reprint everything. Cover my cost?

I'm so royally pissed off right now that I can't think of anything to make me feel better. It doesn't help my good friend is in that fucked up company I have no respect for anymore. I should have known from the way she goes on about their ways of doing things that they're not very professional. I really miss my place of internship. I don't know what Lisa was thinking when she said she's a tough woman to work for. I loved that woman. Tough or not, she was professional and she did what she had to do. Working there taught me a lot about competence and efficiency, reliability. But companies like this one are a pain in the ass even before they hire you/or not at all - and just completely disorganised and irresponsible.

In the first place, I don't think I'd be half this pissed if I was in the organisation. I'm fine with existing politics and all, as long as I know I did my part and get paid for my work. But I'm NOT even hired and they're making things so difficult for me. That is the main reason why I'm so pissed. Not a single ounce of responsibility at all.

It's just so unethical. I'm not a very unreasonable person and I hardly like complaining about things but... obviously this is a brand new level of fuckiness.

No comments: