Ads

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Father figure



So I notice we've been developing this habit of keeping away the sugar and milk in the hotels so they'd keep refilling them, only to realise we really don't need that much. And end up taking them back home.

I remember I was clearing the bag after Edinburgh, and the side zip was overloaded with all the milk, sugar, teabags, coffee sachets. They almost literally burst out the sides. I couldn't help but laugh.

N: "Unbelievable! I only took one sachet of hot chocolate mix and two coffee sachets! What is THIS? 5 teabags, 4 coffee sachets, 6 milk packets, and look at all those sugar! Don't we already have sugar at home?"
R: "Um... -with a huge smirk- Freeee sugar tastes even sweeeeeter..."
N: "Is that what you're going to teach the kids? Finders keepers and all that?"
R: "Uhhuhh..." -nods head-
N: "Okay.. I think you've just dropped a few notches down the appealing 'father figure' level."

No comments: