Ads

Monday, May 18, 2009

Dormant

So things do seem different. And it's difficult to explain. It's kind of stressing me out just a little - bringing two new people around my own city. I seem to have a high expectation of myself to be a good host yet I've been so used to having my own partner already being so familiarised with this city that, I almost don't know what's 'new' for the others anymore.

The fact that I'm a terrible insomniac does not help matters at all. There he is sleeping in the next room and all I can do is switch my dying macbook to go online for a little bit help on how the rest of the day should go on. I guess it's different when you have more than one to bring around, and people you don't exactly know what their main interests are, and if they have totally separate ideas of 'travelling' from yourself.

On a random note, Deepan's girlfriend gave me a call last night. Everything seems to be back to normal and they seem to be going on great. That's all that really matters. And, it was pretty hard getting used to the sudden total lack of communication with the boys. Pretty funny. They've been living in my phone - the calls, the texts. And suddenly, utter silence. Now I understand the whole emotional "This is the last night..." speeches and the confessions etc. It was because "We want to give you space and let you focus on your boyfriend. So we won't contact you at all okay." Sweet. I have the whole 3 months doing so anyway - he's going to be the first face and the last face I see everyday. In his own words, "You're going to be sooo bored of me". -insert sly grin-

Ah, what a future.

No comments: